Skinny legs and a thigh gap, stick-like arms along with visible hip-bones, hopefully infused with a bikini bridge… Hold on a second – where have all the curves gone? “Hourglass” anyone? A thin person will typically have the shape of a plank; even on all sides.
I think I can hear some men saying “We want curves; b**bs and a**!”. How does that go together with the plank?
Let me explain how I see this; society wants thin people (less fat-diseases), but people want curves? Hmm, perhaps not quite: I believe there are many people who want their partners to be planks with sticks for arms, yet they still want b**bs and a**. This is all very confusing, especially from a female POV.
Once upon a time in a clothing store I came across some bras which looked about the right size. I check the size tag; tiny! How come?
Answer: they were 98% foam (the remaining 2% –> 1.5% normal bra, 0.5% lace). The cups were like an extra set of breasts with little indents for your own assets to rest in. I-N-S-A-N-E-!
Before I go any further I feel I should tell you I’m not a plank from any angle. My top and bottom are mismatched to match (make your own interpretations 😛 ).
So, once upon a time in another clothing store. The jeans-section.
I find this pair of absolutely amazing and adorable jeans. They were close to a size 0. “Well” you say “couldn’t you grab a bigger pair?”. I would have, but the store-person said they didn’t carry any bigger sizes. I had a friend (skinny tiny firned) try them on – they barely zipped! That was the last time I visited that particular store.
Once upon another time, jeans-section again. I found a pair of jeans that were my size. I go to try them on, they zip, but they looked like maternity pants. There was a freaking pouch at my stomach! Needless to say, I didn’t buy them.
Shopping for dresses (gah, such a love-hate relationship). I find the perfect dress. I go try it on – it fits perfect! Except for the top -.-” I get a bigger size and it looks like I’m wearing a tent -.-””
I don’t understand the sizing system! Neither do I understand this huge desire people have to be thin! Sure, you should be healthy and all that, but a few extra pounds won’t kill you!!!
I’ll be returning to this topic in future posts as well… just a warning…