I spent last night on our living-room sofa… I don’t actually know why… Anyway, I expected to wake up feeling like a mop on crack – to my huge surprise I felt relaxed and ready for whatever today might bring! This made me think of a Bubz-video where she gives tips and tricks on how to be a Sleeping Beauty.
(I’ll insert the video here and continue my blabering right below 🙂 )
- Keep your bedroom a sacred place only for sleeping
—> If you don’t have a separate room for studying/working, then at least don’t work in/on your bed! Keep work on your desk!
- Make sure it’s dark enough
—> Close the blinds, use your curtains, wear a sleeping eye-mask thing to block any unwanted light!
- NEVER sleep with your make up on – EVER!
—> Make sure you remove your make up properly before washing your face!
- Change your sheets (especially pillow covers) regularly
—> the less bacteria you have in your sheets the less pimples you’ll get (I change my pillow covers on a weekly basis)
What can you do before sleeping?
- Don’t eat anything heavy 2-3 hours before sleeping
—> your stomach will be rumbling all night making it really uncomfortable
- Also, avoid eating foods rich in sodium right before bedtime
—> you’ll wake up with a puffy puppy-face
- Avoid caffeine and sugary drinks 2-3 hours before you sleep
—> caffeine will keep you awake, sugar will make you thirsty (plus it’s unhealthy ^^)
- Drink a glass of water (in sips) before sleeping
—> it will keep you hydrated over night and since you’ll sip it down slowly you won’t wake up with wet pants in the morning 😉
- Stop using electronic light-up devices (TV, computer, phone) 1-2 hours before sleeping
—> the light (etc.) stimulates your brain hence keeping it awake, by removing the excess stimuli you’re telling your brain it’s time to cool down for the night
- A nice, hot bath/shower will help induce sleep 🙂
- Read a bit
—> something not too action-filled, something with a positive atmosphere, or something incredibly boring 😉
REMEMBER to stay away from that computer!!
How can I make myself more comfortable?
- Clean sheets
- Keep the temperature lower than the rest of the house
—> 16-20 degrees Celsius is supposed to be the “best” temperature for sleeping in
- Keep a scented candle (not lit) near your bed
—> you’ll drift off to your favourite scent
- Keep a glass/bottle of water near your bed
—> if you wake up thirsty you don’t need to start walking to the bathroom –> you’ll fall back to sleep faster
Beautify yourself over night
- Wear moisturiser
—> make sure you’ve washed your face
—> your skin heals during the night so make sure you care for it
- Dry pimples using toothpaste
—> make sure the toothpaste has dried before you go to bed
- Apply a thick coat of lip balm
- Apply hand-cream
—> and body lotion on elbows, heels, everywhere 😀
- Stack your pillows
—> you’ll avoid puffy eyes and a bloated face
- Sleep on your back
—> avoid premature wrinkles and fine lines 🙂
In the morning
- Finish the glass/bottle of water
—> your body is dehydrated and slow after sleeping, so a quick fuelling of water is only good 🙂
- Wash your face
—> get rid of dead skin cells and any toothpaste you might have put on your face the night before 😉
—> splash some cold water to close up your pores
- Get ready to be awesome !!
AH! I feel so rested!
Have a great day (and coming night) everyone 😀